Thursday, December 5, 2013

kids say the darndest things...

Just some observations for the memory book...

The number one most said phrase?  "You are LYING!"  We realize this is just the cultural way to say "No I didn't!" or "It wasn't me!"  or "No I'm not!"  However, it sounds so malicious and accusatory.  So, they get 5 minutes of time out every time that phrase is thrown around.  We started by saying you have to do a push-up every time you get caught saying that, but they started to think push-ups were fun.  On to time outs!

"Mom, this is not America!  It is stink!  There is stinky smell."

"This is not America!  The trees they are ugly.  They do not look like they should."

"Mom, I LOVE these clothes.  These are my favorite clothes.  Thank you for buying them for me."  (Nathan in his Old Navy t-shirt and red athletic pants.)

"Mom, we do not get sweet ever.  You no give us sweets since the first day.  Where are the sweets?"

"Mom!  This is not chicken.  I do not like these.  I need chicken."  As the boys are all inhaling their chicken roll-ups at Zoe's.

"Mom, we are having chicken?"

"Mom, I need chicken!"

"Mom, is chicken?"

"Mom, THANK you."

"I love you." (My favorite.)

I love my boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment